Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Projects!

It's not enough to just talk a big game and have no "action" to go along with it! So I have decided to dive into some projects this summer! This is what I have so far!

1) Plant a victory garden! I'm interested in how to effectively plant a personal garden, not only because it is a green thing to do, but because of the economics behind it. After supplies and yields how much am I saving then if I were to purchase them at the store. I'm also going to start researching the kinds of pesticides and other chemicals that store bought produce is subjected to and compare the health statistics too! Joy!


2) Start composting efficiently! I have been throwing garbage in my compost and stirring, but I want to run it more efficiently and educate myself on how to properly manage a  compost pile. This way I can properly inform others! (This will also cheapen the price of supplies for my victory garden in the future!)

What other things can we do to lessen our footprint? These are just two simple ideas that I have decided to turn into something real! All it takes is an idea... I know you have some!

No comments:

Post a Comment