Wednesday, June 29, 2011

CORN!

I have been putting this off for days! My mind is brewing like crazy after I saw a commercial from the Corn Refiners Association saying that "corn sugar" (commonly known as High Fructose Corn Syrup or HFCS) is just as safe as typical table sugar. I'm going to jump into some research to get some evidence. Obviously the Corn Refiner Association is going to give nothing but praise to the product that bring them much profit every year. HFCS is in beverages and a lot of processed foods. I'm interested in the environmental, economic, and health impacts mainly.

I have already found out so much during my initial research! What do you think I will find? Are we being lied to by our government about the safety of our food? Do we not care what the consequences could be if we continue to be involved in mass agriculture? We aren't eating our corn crops in the traditional sense anymore, we're making fuel and sugar out of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment